Sunday, September 10, 2006

How to chop off your finger...Happy Birthday!


So -

There I was - in a hotel room, trying to put in finishing touches on a mini film with me as a character called Prof Blue, when the files I'm working on vanish on the computer, Maria is desperate for a cigarette but can't leave because of the new disaster, and yet cannot light up in the room since all of Massachusetts is thankfully indoorly smoke-free. We hadn't slept more than 4 hours per night in the past three weeks or so and were a bit punchy. I put the headphones back on, clicked on the microphone, to do voiceovers yet again when I was reminded of the bits Amy and I had done back on Southport. On analog tape. And how funny they were, and how great Amy's voice sounded when spewing forth about some fake detergent. I can't recall what other fake ads we did. But they were all, in my most humblest of opinions, done really well. That night in Cambridge, I wasn't getting what I wanted in the audio sense and knew that I had it in me to get it. Like I'd done like 30 years earlier.

So Amy? Hapy Birthday. In case I didn't tell you then, you did a great job.

For your birthday I ate some dangerous cookies. The only ones I really like these days are called Chocolate and Mint made by a company called Back to Nature. I ate more than I'd planned. Like the line in one of Rufus Wainwright's songs: "Have to eat them all in just one sitting." Hopefully you've had your fill of....french onion soup and....um...generic iced tea. Do you ever eat cake?

3 comments:

Katie said...

Don't forget about chopping your finger for the answering machine...all thanks to a food processor and a carrot! Ahhh...good times.

Sheilee said...

what are you talking about? Answering machine? > ? ? ?

Katie said...

You don't remember the Thanksgiving-De-Cynthia? Riding down your banister, with not a care in the world and a scarf on my neck...we made funny answering machine messages and made mom and dad call us back so they could hear them!
Amy- A little help here?